Wen Muenyi is the creator of HercLéon, the world’s first laundry-free clothing. A native of Cameroon, Wen discovered antimicrobial fabric blends after a trip to Iceland. He realized some fabrics held odors longer than others and committed to discovering why. With four successful crowdfunding campaigns under his belt, the company has earned over $700,000 from hundreds of backers on Indiegogo and Kickstarter — $551,000 in 2020 alone.
Inside the Episode:
- (04:52): We start with an introduction of Wen, including his upbringing in Cameroon Africa and some early moments that inspired his travels.
- (35:09): Wen brought us through his hilarious story in Iceland that ultimately inspired his laundry free clothing line HercLeon. He found himself in a common situation among backpackers and travelers - being stuck with smelly worn clothes with no idea where the closest washing machine was. It was in those smelly moments that Wen got innovative.
- (38:18): HercLeon is a self cleaning fabric, (no, the shirts don't know how to operate a washing machine) meaning the fabric itself actively fights off bacteria growth making it a perfect piece of clothing for those of us who live out of backpacks, climb mountains, sleep on airport floors, and don't know how to eat pad thai with chopsticks. We’re all in!
Learn More About Our Guest:
The Travelers Blueprint is more than just a podcast with consulting services that allow you to Become Your Own Travel Agent!
- Take a moment to rate us! Screenshot your review, email us the screenshot with your name and address and we will send you a FREE travel sticker! TheTravelersBlueprint@gmail.com
- FREE Travel Cheat Sheet! Just sign up for all the latest TTB news and guest information at www.thetravelersblueprint.com
- For Travel Consulting Services w/ Bob: https://thetravelersblueprint.com/travel-consulting
- Our Private Community on Facebook is a great way to have your travel questions be heard and speak directly to us. Join here: The Travelers Blueprint Community
- For less than a cup of coffee you can be a major supporter of our time and efforts in producing this podcast. Please consider becoming a Patron by signing up here: https://www.patreon.com/join/thetravelersblueprint
- Follow Us on Social Media: Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube